What Can You Do?
January 1, 2015
Northfield Promise focuses on the whole child and all the experiences that help
children grow – not just their academic success. To help ALL of our children achieve
their full potential, we need everyone’s help.
Here are some ways you can help and get involved:
1. Read to and with your young children… every day!
2. Help your child with homework and participate in school events
3. Set achievable goals and expectations with your child
4. Participate on a Northfield Promise Action Team or contact Accelerate Northfield to tutor at a school
5. Ask for help when you need it
1. Provide internships, apprenticeships and job-shadowing opportunities for students
2. Share your career expertise with students or mentor students
3. Participate on a Northfield Promise Action Team
4. Encourage and allow employees to volunteer
1. Greet young people who you see on the street
2. Mentor a young person
3. Participate on a Northfield Promise Action Team or contact Accelerate Northfield to tutor at a school
4. Attend youth events
5. Donate books to early childhood programs
6. Have a conversation with a young person
WE NEED YOU!
To learn more or to get involved, please contact us 507-664-3524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.