2019 By the Numbers
Ready for Kindergarten
- 44% more 3-year-olds completed early childhood screening, thanks to the “Screen at 3” initiative
- 14 local in-home childcare providers participated in the Mother Goose Time Early Learning Curriculum program during the 2018-19 school year. Collectively, these providers served 81 Northfield children.
- 8 in-home childcare providers participated in a program offered by the Northfield Arts Guild in partnership with Northfield Promise which targets early literacy skills. This program impacted 59 pre-kindergarten children in the 2018-2019 school year.
- Early Childhood Navigators helped enroll 49 children in high-quality preschool programs and connected more than 80 families with resources.
- 1,836 new books given to children 5 and under at doctor visits (with reading strategies) through Reach Out & Read
- 5,244 books distributed through Northfield Promise free libraries and Book Bike
Career and College Readiness
- 96% of Tackling Obstacles & Raising College Hopes (TORCH) high school seniors graduated on time
- 45 young adults earned 486 total college credits in year one of Northfield Community College Collaborative downtown Northfield
- 80% of students who started at the Northfield Community College Collaborative in the fall persisted to spring semester
- 87% of students in grades 9 through 12 completed a Readiness Rubric – students’ self-assessment in the areas of academic, college, career, financial, and social emotional readiness
- 93% of seniors completed an end of school year short-form Postsecondary Plan that included specific plan for next year and means by which to contact the student
- 74% of seniors completed a detailed Postsecondary Plan that included all five areas covered by the Readiness Rubric
- 74% of 8th graders wrote, monitored, and evaluated their SMART goals for the 2018-2019 school year
- 67% of 7th graders demonstrated the ability to write, monitor, and evaluate SMART goals for Semester 1