School Board Approves World’s Best Workforce Report
January 13, 2016
At their November 9, 2015, meeting, the Northfield School Board adopted the district’s 2014-15 “World’s Best Workforce” report. A requirement from the Minnesota Department of Education, this report charges districts with outlining measurable targets for how they will make progress in five goal areas:
- All children are ready for school.
- All third-graders can read at grade level.
- All achievement gaps between students are closed.
- All students are ready for career and college.
- All students graduate from high school.
Northfield Promise is excited to partner with the schools on this undertaking. The goal areas for the World’s Best Workforce legislation align very closely with the Northfield Promise benchmarks. Everyone recognizes, too, that the ambitious targets for World’s Best Workforce cannot be accomplished alone – it will take the full community coming together and working collectively.
Click to learn more about the World’s Best Workforce and read Northfield Public Schools’ 2014-15 report.